- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Sep 24, 2018
- [+] More Details
Quantum GIS Review
Quantum GIS is a freeware map creator app filed under mapping and made available by Gary Sherman for Windows.
The review for Quantum GIS has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC and a list of features has been compiled; see below.
If you would like to submit a review of this software download, we welcome your input and encourage you to submit us something!
We have tested Quantum GIS 3.2.3 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]
An advanced set of tools for creating and editing professional maps:
QGIS supports vector, raster, and database formats and lets you browse and create map data on your computer.
Quantum GIS (QGIS) supports many common spatial data formats (e.g. ESRI ShapeFile, geotiff). QGIS supports plugins to do things like display tracks from your GPS.Quantum GIS features and highlights:
- Support for spatially enabled PostgreSQL tables using PostGIS
- Support for ESRI shapefiles and other vector formats support by the OGR library
- MapInfo files
- GRASS integration, including view, edit, and analysis
- On the fly projection of vector layers
- Map composer
- Identify features
- Display attribute table
- Select features
- Label features
- Persistent selections
- Save and restore projects
- Support for raster formats supported by the GDAL library
- Change vector symbology (single, graduated, unique value, and continuous)
- SVG markers symbology (single, unique value, and graduated)
- Display raster data such as digital elevation models, aerial photography or landsat imagery
- Change raster symbology (grayscale, pseudocolor and multiband RGB)
- Export to Mapserver map file
- Digitizing support
- Map overview
- Improved vector and attribute editing
- Improved measure tools with area measuring
- Attribute searching
- New legend structure
- Refactoring of API to allow the use of QGIS libraries in mapping applications
Quantum GIS is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from mapping without restrictions. Quantum GIS 3.2.3 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This map creator software is filed under:
- Quantum GIS Download
- Freeware Mapping
- Major release: Quantum GIS 3.2
- Free Software Download
Compatibility with this map creator software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Gary Sherman.
Page maintained by Fernando Ortega.